Monday, February 23, 2015

23 February 2015 -- Wichita West -- Spanish Branch

Hello Everyone! How was your week? I hope it was superb!

This week, being the start of a new transfer, Elder Malo and I decided to work twice as hard and hit the ground, not only running, but sprinting.

So we were at this family's house early this week and it just so happened to be that they had some of their family over for dinner. We started talking to them and they said that we could come over and talk to them. Little did we know that they are so ready for the Gospel! We've been able to see them everyday and they've been striving to feel the Spirit more in their lives each day. I know it wasn't just a chance meeting. The Lord truly is in every detail of this work and our lives and when we strive to come closer to Him and have faith in Him, He will not fail us!

On Thursday, we met Ivan. We were driving to go pick up a member and decided to go a way that we normally don't take. We turned and I saw this boy sitting outside kind of with his head down. I turned to Elder Malo and said, "he looks like He needs Jesus." So we stopped and went out and talked to him and it was almost as if he was waiting for us to stop by! He looked up at us as we walked up to him and as we talked to him, a light grew in his eyes. He was looking for the exact peace at that exact time that the Gospel could bring him. And he is so excited to learn more!

This last Saturday, we went to a quincenera for a young woman in the branch who has cancer. It. Was. So cool! There were so many people there (like 800) to support her! It's amazing to see how much love people have for someone they may or may not know.

President Bell has been talking a lot about having a burning desire, going a long with Doctrine and Covenants 88:67-68, which says, "And if your eye be single to my glory, your whole bodies shall be filled with light, and there shall be no darkness in you; and that body which is filled with light comprehendeth all things. Therefore, sanctify yourselves that your minds become single to God, and the days will come that you shall see him; for he will unveil his face unto you, and it shall be in his own time, and in his own way, and according to his own will." I absolutely love that. As we progress through life, through trials, through happiness, and do it with faith in Christ and with an eye single to the glory of God, we will come out on top and will increase in the capacity to see the hand of the Lord. On my mission, I've been able to see the Lord touch souls in ways I can't even begin to explain. But it has filled me with light to see this Gospel change lives and bring more joy into peoples' lives.

I know this Gospel brings more true joy than anything on this earth. I know that Jesus Christ has gone through everything we go through and is always reaching out to lift us back up. I know our Heavenly Father answers our prayers. It may not be in the way or time we expect, but they are answered.

Thank you all so much for all of the emails! I appreciate every word!

I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Murphy

Kia Kaha

If you want to write me or send me something, my address is:
Elder Benjamin Isaac Murphy
7011 E. 13th St. N.
Wichita, KS 67206-1219

No comments:

Post a Comment