Monday, February 16, 2015

16 February 2015 -- Wichita West -- Spanish Branch

Hey everyone! How are things going?
 
So transfers are this week and.... I'll be staying in Wichita West with Elder Malo!! I'm super excited! There is so much more that I can learn here and so much more I can progress! It's going to be a fantastic transfer, I can feel it!
 
Nolberto was baptized on Saturday! I don't think I've told you about him yet. He's really good friends with a member and she asked us to start teaching him about a month ago. We quickly found out that he has so much faith and was so ready and eager to learn more about Jesus Christ and grow closer to Him. He tends to forget things sometimes, which was an interesting obstacle, but with patience, we were able to help him plant the seed of his faith and grow his testimony and conversion.
 
This last Tuesday was Zone Conference and I learned so much! We really focused (as we have been for this transfer) on Elder Holland's talk "Feed My Sheep". I might've talked about it a little bit before, but it really focuses on the last chapter of John with the resurrected Savior's encounter with His twelve apostles. Christ asks Peter 3 times if he loves Him. Do we love the Savior more than anything in our lives and are we willing to leave behind our "fish and boats and nets" and feed His sheep forever? Love is at the basis of everything. We are here because we have a loving Heavenly Father who wants us to become like He is. Jesus Christ was sent here because "God so loved the world" and through the ultimate act of love, being the Atonement, we can return and live with our Heavenly Father and be with our families for eternity. We have a Heavenly Father who loves us perfectly and absolutely nothing can seperate us from that love.
 
Another thing I've really seen come up this week which is also an expression of our Heavenly Father's love, are trials of our faith. 1 Peter 1:6-7 says that the trial of our faith is "more precious than that of gold". In the moment of our trial, that makes absolutely no sense. Because trails are never fun. But when we see that we will grow, progress, and increase in our capacity of faith and love because of our trial, then it becomes more precious than gold. Gold perishes in fire. But as we experience the refiner's fire and persevere through our trial of faith, we will come out stronger than ever before. I have definitely grown a testimony of trials since I've been on my mission. I know that we receive no witness until after the trial of our faith and that when we act in faith, we increase in our capacity to have faith and experience joy. And our Heavenly Father know this. He knows the exact event and the exact timing that will allow you to progress and grow the most. And when we are experiencing trials, we have someone right by our side the entire way, who knows exactly what and how we are feeling, who is our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
I know the Jesus Christ lives. I know He loves us and because of that love, we can conquer all things. The Book of Mormon is the word of God and can answer any question in our lives. Miracles do happen. I see them every day and I know they come from a loving Heavenly Father. When something hard comes, know that a miracle is right around the corner. All we need to do is press forward with faith and with a steadfastness in Christ.
 
I love you all and I greatly appreciate every email and letter you send! Thank you for all you do!
 
Love,
Elder Murphy
 
Kia Kaha
 
 
 

 Nolberto, Elder Malo, Elder Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment