Wednesday, June 3, 2015

25 May 2015 -- Garden City -- Spanish

Buenos dias everyone!! Greetings from the Land of Milk and Honey! How was your week??
I am absolutely loving Garden City! We see so many miracles each day and I know the Lord has big plans in store for the next month.

Elder Packard and I started out this transfer in a trio with Elder Leishman from Ulysses, since his companion didn't get here until Sunday. It was definitely different being in a trio and driving back and forth an hour each way from Ulysses to Garden, but we saw muchos milagros!! It was pretty crazy the first couple of days, especially since Great Bend was a mostly English area and Garden City is all Spanish all the time. I love it!! And Elder Packard is practically fluent! It's awesome!

Elder Packard served here 23 months ago when he first came out, so we've been contacting a few people he'd talked to who'd fallen through the cracks and miraculously found Carlos. He's from El Salvador! Elder Packard said that he had so many sincere questions the first time they met him that they taught him all of the lessons in the first contact! He is so excited to learn more and grow closer to Jesus Christ. He has a lot of faith and has a true desire. Miracle.

I don't have a ton of time today, but that's just a quick update for the week. I hope you all have an amazing week!! I love you all and thank you so much for all that you do and the examples you are to me!

Love,
Elder Murphy

Kia Kaha

No comments:

Post a Comment