Monday, June 22, 2015

22 June 2015 -- Garden City -- Spanish

Hey everyone! Buenos dias! Espero que tuvieron una semana fantastica!

Transfers are this week, and since Elder Packard has finished his mission and is headed back to Arizona, I knew I'd most likely be staying in Garden City. And Elder Downs will be my companion! I'm so excited to spend another transfer with that guy! It will definitely be the best transfer yet!

About a week ago, we were looking for a street and decided to ask someone for directions. I saw this guy, Tim, sitting on his porch out of the corner of my eye and we decided to ask him. He was kind of "not in the mood to talk" at first (we found out it was because he thought we were the bike police), but soon opened up after he told us where the street was. He's been through a lot, but his only desire is to change. He wants to change completely and not go back to his old life; no fence sitting! I know that through the Atonement of Jesus Christ that is possible! We can completely leave behind the past and become a new person because of Him.

At Zone Conference last week, they expounded on what Elder Holland taught us about having a sense of urgency. I feel like they helped show us the meaning of haste, especially as we went out and applied it. I feel like sometimes, we don't realize how short time is and how fast it really flies by. When Elder Bednar came to the mission last year, he said, "When you are feeling the Spirit, time no longer exists." I know as we seek to reach our potential, our Heavenly Father will guide us through the Spirit and it will seem as if time just slips through our fingers. I know that as we act, Heavenly Father acts immediately. 

Se que por medio de la Expiacion de Jesucristo, cambiaremos y tendremos la capacidad a ser nuevas personas. El nos quiere y quiere que regresamos a Su presencia.

I love you all so much! Thank you for all of your examples! Have an hermosa week!

Love,
Elder Murphy

No comments:

Post a Comment