Monday, March 16, 2015

16 March 2015 -- Wichita West -- Spanish Branch

Hello everybody!!! How are you all? I hope you're doing grand!

This week was awesome, yet so exhausting. I love it!

This week we've been focusing a lot on Josh, Fabiola, and the Salvador family.

Josh is super interested and awesome and is so excited to be baptized on the 28th! The rest of his family isn't very interested, but we keep talking to him about light and letting Christ's light shine through him. I know he can and will be such a huge example to his family.

Fabiola was definitely a miracle. While Alejandro was doing his baptismal interview, Elder Malo and I went out and did some finding, but it seemed like nobody wanted to talk, or answer their door in general. Maybe because it was like 10 degrees outside with a 0 degree windchill, but that's beside the point. We got to Fabiola's house, and it just so happened that she was going to be taking a nursing test the next day. Perfect time to start praying about the restored gospel, in my opinion. Yesterday, we had her pray specifically if being baptized on the 28th is what the Lord has in store for her, and the Spirit was so strong in her house. And there was a new and growing light in her eyes. It was amazing!

We've been meeting with the Salvador family since I got to Wichita. They've really had a hard time following through with their commitments, but as we continued to work with them, their desire to learn and apply the Gospel of Jesus Christ grew. The other night, Elder Malo and I met with Hermano Salvador and really had a sincere talk about his desire. After some prayer and meditation, the light and Spirit in the room was beyond comprehension. He told us that they'd be ready by the 28th.

This week, I've been connecting my studies about light and desire. In Elder Bednar's talk "Becoming a Preach My Gospel Missionary" (highly recommended for anyone), he gives the example of us being like fiber optic cable. Through the long, thin strands of glass in fiber optic cable, light signals are transmitted over very long distances. Just as the glass in these cables must be pure to conduct the light efficiently and effectively, so we should become and remain worthy conduits through whom the Spirit of the Lord can operate. But we must be careful in our service that we are conduits and channels; we are not the source of the light. The light of Christ should shine through and reflect off of us. Shine through that others see Him when they look at us. And reflect off that we may share the light we have received and turn outward in love and compassion.

I know that we all have the light of Christ in us. We just need to be willing to let it shine. I know blessings beyond compare will come because of the love Christ has for us and that we will develop and grow for those around us.

I love you all and am overflowing with gratitude for every email and letter you send me! Thank you so much! Have a fantastic week!

Love,
Elder Murphy

Kia Kaha

If you want to write me or send me something, my address is:
Elder Benjamin Isaac Murphy
7011 E. 13th St. N.
Wichita, KS 67206-1219

No comments:

Post a Comment